I've Been Thinking (10/24/2023)

 

A pleasure to meet you. Reilly Hendrix here.

Before I start with this new blog post, there's something you should know. I tend to overreact to things.

The basic gist of this post is my dreams of kickstarting my work by doing commissions, partly because I have to pay rent in my own house. So I figured that, in defiance of my mother, I should prove her wrong by doing this freelance shtick.

Of course, as I am writing this down, I may be thinking about this wrong. The problem isn't the fact she hates the service I do on the internet. In fact, she likes it when I am motivated to start a business on my own.

The problem here is prioritization. Mom thinks I should do things like get a job or learn to drive first before continuing my freelance job. And, you know what? Maybe she's right. So far, I have received little to no money for my work, not through commissions or Ko-Fi. Even the one commission I did a while back could have paid me better. In fact, I didn't get paid at all. I'm not sure if I was stiffed, but either way, I got nothing.

Even IF I go forward with the Toon Comm plan anyway, who knows if it will be different than last time? There's just no way to tell. Maybe... maybe I should take a small break. A sabbatical, perhaps.

This does not mean commissions are off the table. It means that once I can stand on my own two feet by learning to drive and getting a job, I can find some time to do commissions. It depends on the job, considering I haven't got one yet.

If you think my logic is all gobblety-gook here, I don't blame you. Throughout my life, I have been thinking about things differently. I guess you can say I am pouring my thoughts out at the moment.

With all that said, have a good day, and I'll see you soon... I hope.

Comments