Looking For Work (2/19/2024)

 

A pleasure to meet you! Reilly Hendrix here!

If you haven't read my previous posts, I have been looking for work, and let me tell you, it hasn't been great.

Every time I sent my résumé out to a potential fellow employer, they rejected it. It could be because I needed more experience in something I cannot do at the moment. It could be because I don't have the right criteria for the job. It could be because I am expected to send out 500 résumés to get the ONE job I like. It could be because the whole environment of Hollywood has changed, what with the recent downgrades and such. No matter how I viewed it, I saw this dilemma as something that cannot be achieved for now. I didn't know what to do. I was stuck.

Then, one day, it hit me. I don't need to be part of the big leagues to become the best at my craft. I need to be taking baby steps. This thought came to me when I contemplated what independent creators have made in recent years. Compared to what Hollywood had made, indie projects like Helluva Boss, Lackadaisy, The Amazing Digital Circus, Mary And Max, Monkey Wrench, and more have always stood out despite their status in the industry. There are probably loads of reasons why that's the case, but I believe indie projects stand out so much because of the heart, soul, and creativity that's put into them. I always felt these feelings every time I watched an indie project. Heck, I'd like to argue that was Hollywood's dream as well back in the day until one day, the corporations who made that happen lost their heart, soul, and creativity. Nowadays, most of them decide to make content for content's sake (...and money. Content and money.).

As a human being with hopes, dreams, heart, soul, and a couple of artistry skills I picked up along the way, I've had enough looking up to a dream that's nearly impossible for me to reach. It's time for me to take baby steps.

With all that said, I am looking for work. I'd like to share with you some of the skills I am good at, skills I mastered during college, and skills I can potentially be good at.


I don't expect to be hired right away, but at least I'll have some way of knowing that somebody out there recognizes my talents. If you happen to have something for me to work on now, thank you so much in advance for helping a fellow indie creator, and I will be happy to share my résumé.

Anyways, I'll be going now. I hope your future endeavors will be as lucky and bountiful as mine.