My Backup Plan (11/21/2023)

 

A pleasure to meet you... because this is my third and final post today and I am getting tired. Reilly Hendrix here!

After graduating in late August, I promised to stay at my parents' home until I got a job, moved to Utah, and learned how to drive by the start of 2024.

If you think that sounds like some sort of pipe dream, you are absolutely right. To this day, I haven't found a job mostly due to my problems of procrastination, I still live in California in my parents' home, I don't know what living in Utah is like, especially in the wintertime, I have committed a few minor traffic violations driving with a permit, and there is talk about me working in a conservation corps specifically involving me to risk life and limb to respond to natural/manmade disasters for a year or possibly more if I did not get a job by New Year's.

Sooooooo, with all that said, it's time to issue a backup plan. Suppose I don't achieve my first plan by the end of 2023. In that case, I will work in the crops because they pay me, limit my time on art because of it, take the time to find a job in California to truly start my career, move to Utah when I have the wherewithal and expertise to, keep driving with a permit until I get my driver's license, and finally accomplish it all between 2024 and 2028.

This backup plan might not come true as well, but since this plan takes a more realistic approach, I'd say I am in good hands.

Anyway, with all that said, bye for now!

Comments