Under A Blue Sky (1/8/2024)

 A pleasure to meet you! Reilly Hendrix here!

At long last, I have what I desired.

Ever since Elon Musk took over Twitter, I thought he would make things better for everyone on Twitter. And that he did... for a short while. Nowadays, things have gotten out of hand.

Instead of keeping Twitter as it was, he changed it to X, severed ties with PostyBirb by making their API expensive, hid more useful functions behind a paywall, and even considered removing the block feature because it, as he said, "didn't make sense", even though it was the ONE thing stopping cryptobros and sex spambots from following me.

While these drastic changes were being made, I noticed some Twitter mutuals of mine decided to move their stuff to a social media site called BlueSky, developed by the same guy who made Twitter.

Eventually, I thought, "Eh, what the heck. Something tells me Twitter will go to sh*t, so why not try BlueSky out?" So I did.

However, there was a catch. To get a BlueSky account, you need to get an invite code. They mentioned it would take weeks or months to get an invite account, but I tried to get one anyway.

Boy, I am telling you, waiting for an invite code was TORTURE. I don't remember the exact day I requested it, but it certainly took a toll on my patience. I tried requesting invite codes many times, but alas, no effect. Things felt hopeless.

Then, the day arrived. On December 31st, 2023, just a day before the new year, I got my invite code. After that day, the rest was history.

...

So yeah, with all that said, if you want to check out my BlueSky, be my guest! It's under the name @pencilartiststudio.bsky.social. Hope we can be friends there!

Comments