Twelve Hundred Dollars

Hello ladies, gentlemen and folks. AreKayHen here.

The other day, I decided to place my very first goal on Ko-Fi.

 

As for the reason why I made this... well, you're going to have to sit down for this one.

Expanding on what I wrote in my previous blog post, https://arekayhen.blogspot.com/2026/10/semi-monthly-services-reminder-20261001.html, a few days ago, I got laid off from my job as a part-time taxidermy fine artist. Despite giving them my best, they only wanted me until around deer season and, as a result, they laid me off because no more work needed to be done. 

While it all ended on good terms, unfortunately, this has led me to a new problem. That part-time job was the one job that kept me (relatively speaking) financially stable. While I still have my contract bookkeeping job and other means to support myself, those are few and far between. I want the sense of stability and security a full-time job or something like that will give me. It's not like I HAVEN'T been searching for one but, so far, I am still lost in it all as new and potential employers give me unsatisfying responses after I apply for them. I don't exactly know if there's a problem with me or them, but either way, I hate it so much.

SO, while I still try to find a full-time job, I have created this monthly goal of $1200 for myself and for you if you're willing to help. To further elaborate, I have broken it down into my needs, wants and haves.

  •  Needs ($600/50%)
    • "Rent" ($300/25%): A good quarter of this money will be needed to pay for "rent" as I continue to live in my parents' house. The reason why the word is in quotation marks is because it is actually more of a motivational incentive for me to get a full-time job while I live under their roof for an Indefinite amount of time. Unfortunately for them AND me, getting a job is easier said than done, especially in this economy and market, so until a job is found, I am stuck paying "rent" for a while.
    • Gas/Groceries/Necessities ($300/25%): Gas is the main reason why I would like the amount for necessities to be the same as rent. The other day, Mom struck a deal with me to go into town two days a week in exchange for not paying for my own gas. This WOULD be a good deal if gas was cheap. However, no thanks to President Donald Trump and that stupid war he enacted with Iran and the Strait Of Hormuz back in February 2026 (and ILLEGALY, might I add), gas prices have all increased. You'd think that me not going to town and socializing with people would give Mom a hint that I didn't want to burden her financially, but I guess she didn't. With $300, this would help Mom with the gas bill as well as other necessities both my perents' and I need.
    • Insurance ($0/0%): I don't need to worry about this at the moment because my parents are currently providing it until I am expected to by the time I reach 26. Even then, there are some insurance providers that provide insurance for as low as $0 per month, so I can somewhat comfortably say I will not need to worry about this until later on.
  • Wants ($240/20%)
    • Commissions And Donations To Art Community ($150/12.5%): It has always been a dream of mine to financially help and contribute to the niche online art community I grew myself into, which is slowly becoming true after I sent at least €60 worth of money to MrMapolomi for a commission when he needed/needs it the most (If you're wondering what I'm talking about: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pencilartiststudio/hot-diggity-dog-commission-corner / https://www.furaffinity.net/view/65750115/). The main reason why I haven't done it before was mainly money, specifically how to handle it. That being said, if you give me $1200, I'll give 1/8th, or $150 as it is written on the Ko-Fi goal post, of that money back to said art community. Heck, I'll go so far as to donate $150 once I receive it, because that's how much I truly care.
    • Subscriptions And Other ($90/7.5%): At most $36 dollars will be needed to pay for any yearly subscriptions I have, including the ones with Carrd and Newgrounds. (I am NOT and never will be a fan of monthly subscriptions.) Other than that, I say $90 is a reasonable amount to buy something nice for myself.
  • Haves ($360/30%)
    • Emergency Funds ($360/30%): This will be needed for car repairs, phone maintenance, computer fixes and any other expenses that can pop up at any time and without warning. I mean, let me tell you; when they get you, they get you HARD.

If this convinces you to help me out, whether it would be donating on Ko-Fi, subscribing on Patreon or by other means, thank you so much for doing so. 

If you don't, that's alright, too. Your money is yours. I'm sure I'll find a full-time job or other means to better support myself financially but, y'know, it does not hurt to have back-up plans and strategies.

 

If you're still here after reading this and what was written before, thank you for did so. It truly means a lot to me.

Comments

Popular Posts